Saturday, October 31, 2015

A Very Hulky Halloween

Happy Halloween, everyone!  Missy back with you today.  I'm so excited to share my newest layout with you...it's a Halloween page using the awesome Wicked Fun cut file.  I used the spider web and resized several of them and then welded them together to make a background design.


I used the Crate Paper After Dark collection for this layout.  I cut the spider webs on white cardstock and then spritzed them gold with Heidi Swapp Color Shine.  I love how they turned out!  I wanted to try something different then black, and the gold was perfect.  I used some white gesso on the background first and then came in with gelatos to add some blue.  I used some Shimmerz Creameez in Just Peachie to add some light orange splatters.  I love the light blue added in...it makes this layout seem light and airy instead of dark and scary.


Look at that shine...oh my goodness!  LOVE!  I stitched a few times on each web to give them a bit more detail.  I added some light blue tangled thread throughout the page and used some chipboard and stickers (the bats).  Those light blue alphas are October Afternoon Mini Market stickers.


I used the little puffy stickers to create this cute little banner under my title.  I love how the welded web helped me to decided where to put my photos, my embellishments, my title and journaling.  Sometimes repeating the same shape over and over and then welding it together is an easy way to get a layout done pretty quickly because it dictates where everything else can go.


I used the Creameez again on this wood veneer, and I added a few arrow stamps.



Here's a look at this layout being put together.  I hope you enjoy!



Thanks for stopping by, and have a GREAT Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Wow I love your layout. I never use paint on my pages, but now I want to . What kind if paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Live the end result of your Halloween page!

    ReplyDelete