Thursday, October 8, 2015

October Is My Favorite Color

Alpha cut files and the Cameo make me a happy camper!  I love having a large title on my layouts, and mixing the colors and/or typography.  And the great thing about an alpha cut file, is that it can be used over and over again in so many ways.  On my layout today, I used the new Fall In Line Alpha cut file, to create a full page title on my layout.




https://www.etsy.com/listing/251095870/the-fall-in-line-alpha-is-a-hand-drawn?ref=shop_home_active_1

I started by tracing the Fall In Line Alpha in Silhouette Studio, and then released the compound path of the cut file.  Then I moved each of the letters from the set to create the title.  After all of the letters were in place, I grouped everything together and resized it to the width of the mat.  I offset the words in title, so I would have a spot for my photo and some embellishments.  Since I didn't add as many layers and embellishments as I normally do, I brought in a little bit more patterned paper, by adding a border at the top and bottom of the layout.

If you're stopping by The Cut Shoppe to pick up the new Fall In Line Alpha, make sure you check out the other new sets that have been added!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

Supplies: Fall In Line Alpha cut file:  The Cut Shoppe; Patterned Paper, Brads, Enamel Dots, Stickers & Chipboard:  Simple Stories; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/
 

1 comment: