Thursday, October 22, 2015

Wander

It's no secret that I love typograpy, and mixing different fonts and letter styles on my layouts.  So when I sat down to work on my layout for this week, I just had to use the new Word to the Wise cut file set.  I wanted to create a subway art look, so I traced the words and arranged them in Silhouette Studio in the position I wanted to have them on my layout.  First I used a Black Sketch Pen for drawing three of the words and then I cut the others from patterned paper and placed them on the White card stock background.




https://www.etsy.com/listing/252928178/the-word-to-the-wise-cut-file-includes-5?ref=shop_home_active_1

Once I had everything completed in the background, I used my sewing machine to stitch a square shape around the words.  Then I added my photo and several embellishments.  I didn't want to cover a lot of the background work, so I embellished my layout by adding in several rub-ons from the Finders Keepers collection.  I was able to place the rub-ons in some of the White space between the words.  And I finished the layout by adding the Finders Keepers Thickers for the title of my page.

You can visit The Cut Shoppe to pick up the new Word to the Wise cut file set and while you're there you can check out our other new sets!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

Supplies:  Word to the Wise cut file:  The Cut Shoppe; Patterned Paper, Bits, Puffy Stickers, Thickers, Rub-Ons, Enamel Dots, Phrase Stamp, Date Stamp, Stickers & Flair:  American Crafts; Flair Button:  A Flair for Buttons; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

No comments:

Post a Comment