Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fancy Feathers Cards

Hi friends!  Candace here today to share a few cards I made with the Fancy Feathers cut file.


 I just adore the whimsical quality of feathers.  I love using feathers on my layouts and my cards to bring a softness and delicacy.  Today I am going to share with you two cards that use feathers as the main design element.

For the first card I used the first feather in the cut file and cut it down to 4 x 5.25 inches.  I duplicated the feather 3 times and cut it out of white card stock.  Next, I used watercolors to create an ombre color palate across the three feathers.  To finish the card I just added some stitching on the feathers and a some gold color shine in the background for some contrast.  I also used the gold color shine to color the wood veneer "Congrats" on the front of the card.  I love how it turned out!  Take a look...


For the second card I used the middle feather from the cut file and did a little embossing.  This card was super simple and came together in a snap.  You can watch the entire process video of how I made the second card below.  




Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a beautiful day!





No comments:

Post a Comment