Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Falling Leaves

Laura with you today. Fall is my favourite season of the year! I love the cool, crisp days. Love the return of rain, bringing refreshment to the dry land Summer has left. Love getting cozy with a good book. Most of all, I love the colored leaves. As soon as I saw Leaf It To Me, I knew it would be the perfect cut for some of my Fall foliage photos. Looks Like Autumn, which was a free cut file offered by Scrapbook Nerd, had the perfect additions to add to the piece.


After creating a cool, inky background, I cut the leaves and triangles out of white cardstock, then I took my spray inks and distress inks and colored them. The spatters on some of the leaves was and accident, but I loved the texture it added so I added spatters to other leaves as well. The way the leaves cut makes them perfect for adhering in a non flat way, adding a ton of dimension to the page. They really do look like real leaves. 








I'm sure there is something in the shop that will help you tell your Fall stories!




1 comment: