Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Autumn

When scrapping fall photos, I love to include leaves in my embellishment choices. They rank right up there with the snowflake-I want them falling everywhere, including onto my layouts! This year though, a new fall motif caught my interest-the acorn! As I've seen them pop up in paper collections and here at The Cut Shoppe, I have been itching to put them on a layout and I did just that this past weekend using the Nuts About Fall cut file along with the Leaf It To Me cut file (I couldn't quite part ways with my leaves!)

The Nuts About Fall cut file set includes 4 acorn images, that can be used for your scrapbooking and papercrafting projects.

The Leaf It to Me cut file consists of four leaf images, that can be used on your scrapbooking and papercrafting projects.

I knew that I really wanted to feature one of the acorns in a big way, so I increased the size of two acorns and cut them out of a bold, blue paper. At this point I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to use one as my title or not, so I gave myself two options to play around with. Here's a look at my final layout:

Autumn

I went ahead and chose the acorn with the leaf cut out of it, backed it with pop dots, and adhered a shiny gold paper underneath. By placing the acorn right there with my photos, the attention is immediately drawn to them.

Autumn 3

Since I was featuring the acorn, I didn't want my leaves to compete with it. With this thought in my mind, I cut some small leaves out of both white cardstock and a lightly colored patterned paper. This way I could include all of the elements I wanted without overwhelming the page. When placing items such as falling leaves or snowflakes, I will generally follow the triangle rule and place them in three different spots.

Autumn2

Thanks for stopping by today!

The Cut Shoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment