Saturday, October 10, 2015

October

Hi! Irit here with my first project for October! Fall is probably my favorite season, and while we have a lot of evergreen forests in Austria, there are also lots of beautiful trees turning yellow red purple these days. 
So of course I had to go with leaves. Love leaves as a design element. They just look so pretty! I also find them very versatile, and really don't feel the need to use them only on layouts with pictures taken in nature. As you can see in my layout today-


I used two cut files for this layout-



I used the leaves border from Fall Finds and spelled October with the Fall In Line Alpha. I then welded October with one line of leaves. What I love about the leaves border is that I can get such a rich effect with lots of leaves, without having to handle each leaf, since they are already connected to each other. 
I used Shimmery watercolors and mists by Shimmerz in colors that feel like fall to me, but still keeping it fresh and bright. What can I say, brown is just not my color in scrapbooking ;) ...
For my embellishments I used Crate Paper Wonder collection which has lovely yellows reds and pinks.
Here are some close ups-





And there's a video too!


Thanks so much for visiting and don't forget to check out The Cut Shoppe! Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Loved the video and your leaves are beautiful! Love the weld idea for the alpha letters!

    ReplyDelete