Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Remembering Summer

I stubbornly refuse to acknowledge that my favorite time of year is over! Never mind the scorching heat and ridiculous electric bills; summer is my season. I'll pretend it's still hot outside as I share the following beach-themed page, created with a couple of summer-themed cut files:


One of The Cut Shoppe's free files (for newsletter subscribers) was used along with the cute sun design from the Make A Splash set:


The large sun was cut twice, once from yellow patterned paper, then again from a solid aqua cardstock, "minus the insides". Before making that second cut, I deleted all the interior cuts in my digital cutting program, so that only the outline was left. 



The free file, Hello Summer, was also cut twice: once from white cardstock, then again (slightly larger) from lime green patterned paper. I matched up the layers as shown:


Finally, I journaled in a circular fashion around the page, using an appropriately-sized pot lid as a lettering guide. Whatever works, right?!

Remember to sign up for the newsletter if you haven't already done so. You don't want to miss out on the free files that show up periodically.

Supplies: Patterned paper-Bella Blvd., Echo Park. Envelope-Fancy Pants. Chipboard-Crate Paper. Enamel dots-My Mind's Eye. Mist-Heidi Swapp.

Thanks for stopping by today! Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment