Friday, October 16, 2015

Happy & Brave-Fall In Love

Hey Cut Shoppe fans!  It's Katrina on the blog here today using one of the new cut files that debuted in the shop this week.   The "Fall In Love" cut file. As soon as I saw this, I knew I had to use it. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but I think I figured it out!




A fun way to use those circle cut files is to cut them in half, like I did here. That wasn't my intention at first, but as my layout evolved, so did the cutting!  I backed a few of the leaves with various colored papers, but I left more plain to let my background paper show thru.


The easiest way to make your cut seamless on the edges is to go ahead and attach the cut on your background paper, letting edges hang over.  Then simply cut them off even with your background paper. I really like to use my trimmer for this and not try to hand cut, because it just gives you a neater edge.  Well, me a neater edge!  I cannot cut a straight line, but don't tell anyone, it's our secret!!


By cutting the cut file in half, it give you a focal point on your picture, but still gives you embellishment on your page and a different look!  Try it and let us know by posting on Facebook, tagging us on Instagram, or participating in our Cut it Out challenge!  Thanks for coming by the Cut Shoppe blog today!





No comments:

Post a Comment