Saturday, October 17, 2015

Love You Forever

Happy Saturday, friends!  Missy back with you today.  I fell in love with the Very Squarey cut file as soon as I saw it, and I just had to use it on my layout for today!  I used the 8.5x11 size and shrunk it down a bit and centered it on my cardstock.


It's perfect for a fun background design.  I used the Amy Tan Finders Keepers collection, and I wound up using a very busy patterned paper to back the cut file.  I toned it down with some white gesso and used some gelatos for bits of watercolor effect.  I love how it looks behind all the squares!


You could get so many looks with this cut file!  I added in some blue striped washi tape around the edges and then stitched over it with yellow thread.  I used some of the Finders Keepers die cuts and cut apart pieces as well as puffy stickers.  I love how this cut file allows so many colors of the background paper to shine through.


I added in some black splatters and an October Afternoon stamp here.  Another thing I love about this cut file is it makes it a little easier to decided where to put your photo.  You don't want to cover up the whole background, so it makes sense to put your photo to one side or the middle.  At least that's how I look at background designs like this :)


Here's the bottom of the page...I used some Thicker foam hearts and one of the clear flower stickers from the Finders Keepers line.  I stuck it down on white cardstock first and cut it out so I could raise it up with pop dots and layer it under the picture.


Finally, here is the title area.  I combined two different kinds of Thickers here and then added a flair button from A Flair For Buttons.


You can check out my process video if you'd like to see how I put this layout together.  I hope you enjoy!



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Wow this looks so amazing!!!! Need to have this cutfile....

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my new favourites of yours Missy...total WOW factor!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete