Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Great Apple Harvest

Laura today, bringing you some Fall fun. As soon as I saw the the Very Squarey file I knew I had to make a stencil from it! I love the mix of squares and that they aren't perfectly laid out, but a bit wonky. I'm all about the wonky. I think it's interesting.

To start off, I placed my newly cut stencil on a piece of watercolor paper and applied heavy gel medium over the entire area. Let dry (I place mine in my oven on warm, but you could let air dry.) then mist with spray inks (I used one color at a time). Once the color is on the page, mist with a spray bottle filled with water. The gel acts as a resist and the ink will wash off or wash lighter, leaving the pattern to pop out of the color. I then took some markers, of the same colors, and traced around some of the boxes. A little splattering of the darker ink finished off the background.

Since the background is so bright and attention grabbing, I didn't need to add much else. I used the Fall In Line Alpha at the main part of my title, adding small letter stickers for the supporting bit of the title. I only needed a few additional embellishments, some enamel dots and a couple of things from the We Are Family from Simple Stories. I loved the letters from the Fall In Line Alpha! I decided to ink with the same colors as I used on my background, only in reverse order, then added black outlines to help them stand out.






https://www.etsy.com/listing/250182054/the-very-squarey-background-cut-file-is?ref=shop_home_active_11


These two files really helped me tell a fun little story in super fun way. Pick them up in the shop 
 today! 




No comments:

Post a Comment