Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Adventure Awaits

Hi there,

Zsoka here with you today to share my latest layout with you. This is one of the 4-5 hand stitched layouts I have been sitting on since July, waiting to be finished! I recently had to reorganize my craft space and finally sorted out some papers that were just lying around and found my stitched backgrounds. Finally I felt inspired to finish this one! It's such a good feeling!
I chose this paper from Paige Evans/Pink Paislee's Take me away collection. I loved the divided pattern and thought I could use the yellow part for a big title. I chose the Adventure Awaits set, which is one of the Exclusive ScrapbookNerd cut files, designed by The Cut Shoppe. I've used it before and I love it for a big bold title! I decided to go with a tone on tone look and stitched my title with yellow embroidery floss. I love how that looks!


http://scrapbooknerd.com/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&cPath=94&products_id=2955

The problem I often face with hand stitched layouts is how to embellish them. I find simple is the best in this case! I decided to keep all my embellishments on the striped part of the paper, together with my photo. I really didn't use much, I chose some wood veneers, clips, chipboard pieces, thickers and a journaling card and that was it! It ended up being a very quick layout (apart from the stitching!), but I needed to sit on it for months to be able to finish it! Sometimes you just need to come back to a layout with fresh eyes!





I hope I could inspire you today in one way or another! Thanks for stopping by and see you soon X


No comments:

Post a Comment