Sunday, November 13, 2016

Special

Hello scrappy friends, it's Zinia here and today I want to share with you a layout I created that's a bit different than what I usually make. I used a beautiful camera cut file from the Cut Shoppe etsy store.



For this layout I wanted to cut out one of the cameras and use it as a big embellishment on my page. I wanted it to be an eye catching focal element so I cut one of the outlined images from some white cardstock and used some 6x6 papers to back it.


I decided to work with a pattern paper as my background to try something different. I also didn't want to use white cardstock because I wanted the outline of my camera to stand out, so I needed to put something behind.


Most of the products I used are from the Maggie Holmes "Bloom" collection, mixed with some bits from "Gather" and Pink Paislee's "Take me Away".


I fussy cut some flowers and butterflies to use as embellishments. After I decided on my design and stuck everything down, I felt like something was missing. My photo had high contrast so those dark shadows made the whole layout look washed out. So I grabbed my watercolors and added some black splatters.


Because the pattern of my background was busy, the splatters got kinda lost. So I decided to add a bold black border around the page. I used black gesso and a dry brush and created sketchy lines all around the page.

And that was everything. I really hope you enjoyed this page. It was definitely something different but I had a really fun time experimenting with different styles. Until next time, happy scrapping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment