Sunday, November 27, 2016

Love

Hello scrappy friends! It's Zinia hereand today I want to share with you a fun mixed media techniques using your cut files.

The cut files I used here are Optical Illusion and Oodles of doodles from The Cut Shoppe Etsy store.



The first thing I did, was to make my own stencil using the Optical Illusion cut file. I took a sheet of laminating plastic and cut out the design. You can also use a scrap piece of cardstock and make a single use stencil.



Then, I used that stencil to apply some heavy matte gel medium and start building some texture on my page. Once the gel was dry, I went in with my galatos and added some color. At the bottom corner, I smudged my gelatos on the page and then sprayed them with some water to help them spread and drip. For the top corner, I used a baby wipe to apply the color to give it a softer look.


From the Oodles of doodles set, I used the "love" design to cut and use as my title. I backed the empty areas with some papers from the Cute Girl 6x6 paper pad in colors that matched the gelatos.


The embellishing part is not that fancy. I didn't really want to cover a lot of the mixed media work I did on the background so I kept the embellishments cluster in small areas.


That was it! I really hope you enjoyed this page. It was definitely a really fun technique to play with and I really hope you will give this a try. Until next time, happy scrapping :)









No comments:

Post a Comment