Thursday, April 14, 2016

Embroidered wreath

Hi! It's Flóra back on the blog with a spring layout. I love so much the new Spring Fling cut file set from The Cut Shoppe, specially the beautiful floral wreath. I gave it a go to try how to turn a cut file into a stitched design. The trick is to set up the cut style to perforate edge. Thus you will be able to embroider the design easily... and with a lot of time.  Namely this kind of work takes some hours to complete. So prepare yourself. :D I had to complete the design with few extra holes so the silhouettes of the flowers and leaves are more visible.




My photo was very immersive so I wanted to keep it in the focus. For the background I have chosen a pastel rose patterned paper from Elle's Studio Cienna collection and tiny die cuts for embellishing from the same collection as well. I added the date and the short journaling on the pieces. The page was finished with some stitching and black acrylic paint splatter.




I hope you like my embroidered wreath and layout. You can pick up the cut file in The Cut Shoppe. Have a nice day!
Flóra


2 comments: