Tuesday, April 5, 2016

There Be Treasure Here!

September 19 is a very special day around here. It's not only my birthday, but Talk-Like-A-Pirate Day too! When my son heard about Krispy Kreme's free box promotion this year, we were all in. Talking like a pirate warranted a free donut, but why stop there, when DRESSING like one meant a free box?! Of course I couldn't walk out of the shop without spending anything, so we bought an extra dozen as well. Oh the calories!!!

A prominent title proclaims in pirate speak, "There Be Treasure Here!"


To highlight the word "treasure" in my title, I used the Open Letter Alphas, a new cut file set in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store


After choosing the letters I'd need, they were each cut out individually, backed with patterned paper, and adhered to the page. In some places, a letter will slip between the outline and patterned paper backing of another, interconnecting the letters, giving it a richly layered look.


Stamping and looping red hand-stitching decorate the background. Horizontal banners continue with the red, white and black color scheme.


This alphabet is sure to become a favorite! What will you use it for?!



1 comment:

  1. Amazing page Madeline! Love the huge title! (I'd recognize your work anywhere!!)

    ReplyDelete