Friday, April 8, 2016

Spring Has Sprung: A Flair For Buttons & The Cut Shoppe Day 2






Welcome to Spring has Sprung, A Flair For Buttons & The Cut Shoppe Day 2 product swap hop!

Wow that was a lot to say. 

 Spring Fling

I’m always so excited when manufactures get together and do a product swap. Cause I absolutely love to receive samples of product! 
Yay for samples!


I’m still on that big photo kick and thought this “blue sky bloom” photo was just perfect for the theme of this hop. 

I choose the “bloom” cut file from the “Spring Fling” cut file, cause I wanted to place some “flair” in the center of the “o’s”.




I stretched and pulled and duplicated a row of “bloom” to be just less than 6 inches on the left side of my 12x12 paper




I then took one of the “bloom’s” and cut it individually from 5 different sheets from 6x6 paper pad from Maggie Holmes Bloom Collection {ironic, I know!}




I backed my layout with a 12x12 piece of from the same collection.




I then was able to place the outline of each individual “bloom” I cut, into my original 12x12 paper.




Next step: add the “flair”! Isn’t it awesome how well the flair matches the “bloom” collection.




This may be one of my simplest paper piecing layouts to date.



Thanks for stopping by, be sure to stop by tomorrow and see what the next designers have created for you.  Now you can head over to the A Flair for Buttons Blog and see what Design Team member Katrina Hunt has to share!

Don't forget to use code: SPRING30 for 30% off
in The Cut Shoppe Shop during the hop for a discount!




14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout and photo! I love the Blooms on the left side with all the pretty flair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and love
    all those blooms
    with the flair
    buttons in them!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the use of the cut file and also the large photo! That is one thing that I have yet to do is scrap a photo larger than 5x7! Love, love, love how it looks on this layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! Love the big title in row beside the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the big photo and repeated bloom. Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful layout! I love this cut file and the flair buttons are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT A FUN LAYOUT! The flair buttons work PERFECTLY!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous repetition and use of the cool cut files and flair! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a stunning page Aimee! Makes me long for Spring!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! I love the combination of papers in the Bloom cuts and the flair are absolutely perfect in the O's!
    Thanks so much for sharing this lovely layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you used the different patterned papers with the cut file!

    ReplyDelete