Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Fairy Garden | Spring Fling




Aimee here sharing a spring layout. Using the Spring Fling Cut File

Spring Fling

I recently planted a little fairy garden in my backyard. I have been wanting to do this for sometime, and I am so glad that I did!

I seriously could stare into this little garden all day & daydream.


To create the layered look of the spring wreath I cut the wreath from a sheet of 12x12 red polka dot paper {fine & dandy from Dear Lizzy}.


After that cut I released the compound/ungrouped the wreath and threw out the main construction of the wreath.


This left me with just the petals and the veins of the leaves.



I separated them and then cut them from a patterned paper {the petals} and a plain paper {the leaf veins} {papers from a 6x6 paper padBetter Together from Amy Tangerine}.



Although piecing the petals and leaf veins together was time consuming, I love the effect. I t really makes the wreath pop.



To finish up my layout I layered my photo on some brightly colored papers {papers from a 6x6 paper pad Better Together from Amy Tangerine} some paper flags from Elles Studio. And of course some puffy stickers {from sticko}


Do you like to spend time piecing paper together?



No comments:

Post a Comment