Saturday, April 23, 2016

Guest Designer | Raquel Bowman

I am excited to introduce you to our second Guest Designer for the month of April, Raquel Bowman!  Raquel creates stunning layouts, that always catch my eye!  She is one of my fellow designers on the Pink Paislee and Hip Kit Club Design Teams, and I always look forward to seeing her work.  She definitely has a beautiful signature style, and I'm happy she's sharing it with us today!  Before we take a look at Raquel's layout, let's get to know a little bit more about her.

http://www.raquelbowman.com/

My name is Raquel and I am an Australian primary school teacher, Mummy to two kiddies (Jack 1 & Charlotte 3) and wife to Clint. I admit I am pretty obsessed with scrapbooking and love nothing more than playing with a variety of yummy papers and embellishments and making pretty stuff. I love spending time with my family, sharing coffee with friends, having creative time, a glass of wine at the end of a tough day and all things social media! I have been scrapping for around twelve years now and feel I have finally ‘found’ my style. I’m a lover of layers and clusters and enjoy adding little details while still maintaining white space, balance and a cleanliness to my layouts.

Here is Raquel's layout, and a little bit about her process for putting it together:

I used the Cuppa Joe set which anyone who knows me knows I love my coffee so it was a great chance to scrapbook about it again. I used the bright and fun Amy Tan Better Together collection to compliment the cut file. I enlarged the heart slightly so I could frame my photo within it, I was really happy with how it turned out. 



https://www.etsy.com/listing/254692343/the-cuppa-joe-cut-file-includes-5-coffee?ref=shop_home_listings

What a fun way to use the Cuppa Joe cut file!  And how cute is the photo placed in the heart shape on the coffee mug??!!  Love your creativity Raquel!  Thanks so much for sharing with us today.  You can find more of Raquel's work and follow her on Social Media by visiting the following links:

Periscope: raquelbowman
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/user/raquelpSCRAP

Raquel will also be giving away the Cuppa Joe cut file!  So make sure you check out her social media for the change to win!!
http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/

 

3 comments:

  1. What a unique page!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just crazy about this page! I love the colors and how you stitched around the die cut. I also super love how you put the photo in the heart! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete