Monday, April 18, 2016

Have A Heart

Putting older patterned paper and paper scraps to good use is one of the best aspects of a cut file background. It's also the reason I have a hard time letting go of much of the paper I've accumulated over my many years of scrapbooking! Here's a background that had me pulling out all of the green:


This cut file is called Have A Heart, but I see four-leafed clovers, with each of the clover leaves composed of a heart. I used the 8.5x11 inch version for my page:


After cutting the clover design from kraft cardstock, I went through my stash of paper and chose various prints to back the leaf openings, and unified the leaflets by sticking to a similar shade of green throughout.


At the bottom of the page, I fit my title and a small cluster of embellishments: star pins, enamel dots, brads, chipboard and wood veneer:


Filled with a variety of green patterns, these heart clusters look even more like clovers, and provide the perfect backdrop. The 8.5X11 inch design placed sideways on my 12x12 page allowed for two overlapping photos and a title, leaving plenty enough of the background design visible.

For this and other background cut files, check out The Cut Shoppe's Etsy store. As always, thanks for stopping by the blog today.


No comments:

Post a Comment