Saturday, April 16, 2016

Summer Beach

Hey, friends!  Missy here today, and I'm totally in love with the new Open Letter Alpha Cut File!  The possibilities are endless here, and I couldn't wait to create a large title with these.



I traced each of these letters and then overlapped them.  Then I welded them together, and that's it!  I cut my photo to fit behind the A.  I wanted the picture to pop, so I used light colored papers and paint to showcase it.  I used papers from Crate Paper, American Crafts, Elle's Studio and Echo Park.  Quite a variety there :)


I chose this background paper because it reminded me of sand.  I smudged some white gesso on it first and then used some watercolors to give the look of water and sand.  I used a lined stencil and some gold texture paste to create those messy lines.


I love these light colors...so pretty!  I also added pop dots under the big title, and I think the dimension looks so neat.  I easily added a few colors of tangled thread under it.  These cute sequins are from Cocoa Vanilla.


I fussy cut this yellow flower from a Crate Paper patterned paper, and that Summer chipboard piece is from the Pool Side collection.


I love these sunglasses!  They were the perfect touch to the E...it kind of looks like the E is smiling :D


Here's the process video showing how I created this page...I hope you enjoy!



Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!


4 comments:

  1. So gorgeous missy!! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout Missy!! Love the cut file and love the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout! What kind of glue and paint do you use?

    ReplyDelete