Thursday, April 28, 2016

Sweet Tooth(less)

Hey, friends!  Missy back with you, and I have a fun layout to share today.  I used the A Way With Words and Quirky Quads Cut Files.  I love all of Ashley's background cut files, and you can't ever go wrong with scripty words!




I decided to use the Quirky Quads as a background design element but on a smaller scale.  I traced only four of the squares and then copied it four times.  I used four patterned papers from the Amy Tan Better Together collection and staggered them on my white cardstock.  I used a bit of my Shimmerz watercolors to create a bit of mixed media messyness on the background.  I love how the paint peeks through the cut files!

All of my embellishments are also from the same Amy Tan line, and I combined a few different alphas from my stash to complete my title.


I just love these squares!  So much fun.  I love that you can shrink or enlarge them to customize the look you're going for.  I cut "sweet" twice -- one is a little thicker than the other, so I layered them up to create a shadow effect.  The pink "sweet" is from a Dear Lizzy Happy Place paper.


I fussy cut all these flowers and leaves from a patterned paper, and I created my own "brad" from this metal paper clip.  I used my Tim Holtz scissors to snip off the clip part and just glued it down with a little thread under it.


Here's a look at the top part of the page...more awesome squares and pretty watercolor.


I decided to go with this title since the photo is of my daughter with her two missing front teeth...haha!  She looked so adorable...and this title seemed like the perfect one!  I made another "brad" here and layered it up with a flower and more thread.


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how this layout came together.  I hope you enjoy!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment